Melbourne workshops: cultural awareness & negotiating business in China
- 21st May, 2018
- 2/150 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
As the global marketplace becomes more accessible and your business continues to expand beyond borders, understanding the importance of culture in global business can go a long way in furthering your company’s goals.
With China’s middle-class expected to reach 800 million by 2030, the demand for goods and services will inevitably rise. Understanding cultural differences can provide telling insights and help to facilitate conversations and negotiations. While some confusion can often lead to amusing misunderstandings, it can also make a serious impact on your business relationships.
The aim of the workshop is to enhance your capability to:
- understand your customers needs and avoid any misunderstandings
- appreciate how culture can affect your international negotiations
- negotiate with customers and business partners effectively
- engage and develop long-term relationships with Chinese businesses effectively
- go into your meetings informed, confident and ready to do business
- Business owners, Directors and Senior Executives
- Export managers and supervisors
- Sales marketing managers and supervisors
- International planners and purchasing agents
- International logistics managers and supervisors
- Senior administrative, operational and finance executives
These workshops are part of a series of training programs delivered under the Victorian Chamber FTA Next Step Program, which helps businesses take advantage of the opportunities available under Australia’s free trade agreements with China, Japan, and South Korea to grow and build sustainable exports.