Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - work with children!
Do you want to work in a child care centre? Get qualified in 2021
About this Event
To register for this course with award winning MCIE, please REGISTER and we will contact you to confirm eligibility & enrol you.
With MCIE’s nationally accredited qualification, you can make a real difference in children’s lives. All training has been developed in consultation with the early childhood education and care industry to ensure graduates are equipped with necessary and in-demand skills.
Join our successful graduates who are now employed within the Australian Early Childhood profession as early childhood education and care service coordinators and early childhood educators.
The Child Care Diploma is well-suited for individuals looking to embrace a career as a:
- Children’s Service Coordinator
- Director or Educational Leader at an Early Childhood Education Centre
- Child Development Worker
- Early Childhood Educator
- Centre Manager & more
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – Course Details
- National Code: CHC50113
- Units: 23 core + 5 electives
- Location: 250 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000 and 1/13 Watton Street, Werribee, VIC, 3030
- Duration: 12-14 months (including holidays), 52 sessions plus 240 mandatory work placement hours over 52 weeks
- Delivery Method: Classroom-based
- Assessment: Written, simulated and workplace-based practical observations
- Prior experience: RPL & Credit Transfer is available
- Workplacement uniform t’shirt: $30
Students learn vital skills throughout the course, such as:
- how to nurture creativity in children
- promoting children’s agency
- identifying and responding to children and young people at risk
- establishing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children
The coursework teaches Early Childhood Educators how to deliver childhood education services that align with child care industry regulations, and successfully nurture young children’s learning and growth.
In studying this course, you will also learn how to design an approved learning framework in line with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
To fulfil all the requirements of this childcare course, students are required to undertake 240 mandatory hours of work placement within an early childhood education service.
How is this course delivered?
Do I need to have prior experience?
If you have experience or studied before, you may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT).
Do I qualify for government funding?
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding, Click here to check if you meet the eligibility requirements.
How do I register for an information session to find out more?
Info sessions can be held face to face or over the phone, if you would like to attend one please contact us to book yourself in.
How long is the course?
- 240 hours of work placement (Extra 2 days per week for 4 months)
- Including 4 weeks Christmas holidays
Where can I study this course if on campus?
Please note: All classes are held virtually. Campus may only be attended for practical workshops.
- CBD: Level 9, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000,
- Werribee: Suite 7, Level 1, 3-9 Watton Street, Werribee, 3030
- Narre Warren: 426 Princes Hwy, Narre Warren, 3805