Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
DASA – DevOps Professional Enable And Scale–Pro 2Days Training in Melbourne
Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
About this Event
Course Description :
This 2-day course builds upon the DevOps fundamentals. The key focus of DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is on the four skill areas that have been defined by DASA and are required for successful DevOps results. The course helps you know why the four skills: courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement, are the necessary skills for a DevOps environment.
DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions and role plays, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
Course Outline :
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Course Book
- Group Discussions
- Design Teams:
- Introduction to a DevOps Team
- Characteristics of a DevOps Team
- Boundaries for a DevOps Team
- Build Teams:
- Creating High Performance Teams
- Feedback: Giving and Taking
- Shared Responsibility and Accountability
- Governance on Three Levels
- Governance Within a Team
- Governance Between Teams
- Governance Between Organizations
- External Suppliers
- Build Culture:
- Create the Right Environment
- Change the Habitual Behavior
- Fail Fast to Improve
- Maintain the Agile Soil
- Create Purpose:
- Know the Importance of Storytelling
- Define the Purpose of Having a Purpose
- Relate Alignment with Autonomy
- Be a Servant Leader:
- Give Control to the Team
- Inspire and Support the Team
- Make Your Own Leadership Manifesto
- Focus on Success:
- Customer Value and Team Success
- Measure and Steer Value
- Build Courage:
- Importance of Courage
- Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Courage in Relationship with Leadership and Feedback
- Courage at the Team Level
- Dealing with Failure
- Think Different:
- Think Different on a Day-to-day Basis
- During Standups
- Standup from Hell
- 10th Man Rule
- Think Different in an Organized Way
- Open Allocation Time
Value - Customer Centric Action
- Different Aspects of Value:
- Customer Value
- The Different ‘Voices’
- Stakeholder Management:
- Know Your Stakeholders
- Categorize the Stakeholders
- Combining Lean Startup and DevOps:
- The Lean Startup Process
- The Lean Startup Versus Chaos
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping:
- Product/Service Development Approaches
- Need for Story Mapping
- Creating Story Maps
- Build Flow:
- Build Optimal Flow
- Multitasking and One Piece Flow
- Little’s Law and Optimization of Process Lead Time
- Valualize Flow
- Flow and Resource Utilization
- Types of Continuous Improvement:
- Radical Change
- Continuous Improvement Tools:
- Kaizen Event
- Value Stream Mapping
- Visual Management
- Daily Standup
- Five Times ‘Why’
Exam Preparation Guide
Target Audience :
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management
Individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as:
- DevOps Engineers
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Enterprise Architects
Learning Objectives :
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams and assess their maturity.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “Safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
Course Agenda :
- Module 01: Course Introduction
- Module 02: Teambuilding
- Module 03: DevOps Leadership
- Module 04: Courage
- Module 04: Courage (Contd.)
- Module 05: Value - Customer Centric Action
- Module 06: Continuous Improvement
- Exam Preparation Guide