Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Negotiation Skills - Expert1 Day Training in Melbourne
Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
About this Event
Have you ever found that you had differences with another individual, whether a partner, a colleague, a friend, a child, a boss or even a complete stranger? Then you have been confronted with the need of putting your negotiation skills at work. Yes, negotiation is the way by which people settle disputes of any kind.
In this course, the participants will learn about successful negotiation techniques and using them effectively in a different situation and with people of different levels of power. The participants will learn how their negotiation skills impact the organizations that they represent and their personality. The course also reflects the different types of outcomes that are achieved while negotiating and understanding which of these outcomes can be accepted and which one cannot be accepted. At last, but not least, the course also reflects on the influencing process and how things can be achieved without having the proper authority or power.
After a brief introduction each participant has 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves and put their presentation and communication skills in practice among the audience for the first time (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. Each section includes the presentation of two modules, followed by a break. After the final reflection the class is dismissed.
At the end of this course, you will become a better negotiator as you will be able to:
● Define negotiation and influencing: stages and how to do so effectively
● Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalization, and active listening
● Understand individuals and organizations: attitude, behavior, and culture. What each party expects; dealing with emotions, resistance.
● Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge
● Understand communication strategies: effectiveness in communicating (verbal and nonverbal)
● Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts Approaching others for help
● Understand interpersonal skills: importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
● Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, and win-win outcomes
Participants must have attended a professional training about Negotiation skills.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no examination for this course
Internet for downloading the eBook
Laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReader (No Kindle)
Adobe DRM supported software (e.g. Digital Editions, Bluefire Reader)
eBook download and activation instructions
Before We Begin
● Course Dynamics
● Self Evaluation on Advanced Negotiation Skills Knowledge - Class Discussion
Becoming a Better Negotiator
● Communication Skills for Effective Negotiations: Silence, Active Listening, Paraphrasing
● Presentation Skills for Better Negotiation Outcomes: Clarity, Persuasiveness, Confidence
● Video: Watch: A Brief History of Communication - Conclusions
● Video: The Negotiator and the Multi-Stakeholder Dialog
● Importance and Main Tips on Nonverbal Communication - Body Language
● Video: Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are - Discussion
● The Negotiator Mindset, Beliefs, Abilities and Qualities
● Questioning Oneself
● Video: The Walk From No to Yes - Discussion
● Opponents Views and Company Drivers
● Best Negotiation Location, Seating,
● What NOT to Do
● Exercise/Role play: The 4 Cards Game
● Option 1: Simulation Game
● Option 2: Monopoly Role Play
● Option 3: Videos, Activities, and Discussions
● Option 4: Special Assignments - Live Negotiations
● Wrap up
● Self Assessment GAP
● Feedback Form