Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Introduction To Agile 1 Day Training in Melbourne
Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
About this Event
This Course is a starting point for you to acquire the techniques, skills and tools that enable you to build Agile discipline.
In addition to Defining Agile Principles, we will cover the advantages and disadvantages of Agile development. Get first-hand experience by organizing and participating in an Agile team. Put the concepts you learn to Practice instantly in the classroom project. Understand and learn how to take advantage of the opportunities for Agile. Finally gain an understanding and Practice the collaboration and communication needed between customer and developers for Agile to succeed.
● What is Agile?
● Agile Methods — Principles and Practices
● Agile Benefits — what you can expect
● Why Agile works
● Agile Teams
Agile Basics & Practices
● User Roles and Personas
● Definition of Agile Methods
● Agile Practices
● Sprinting: Agile Practices in Motion
● Product vision, roadmap and planning
● Product Backlog and User Stories
● Prioritization techniques
● Relative Estimating
● Agile’s iterative approach
● The Top 10 Agile Myths How to “Become Agile”
● Ten Pitfalls when Implementing Agile Setting your Course Forward
● Understand Agile Principles and how to build the discipline to support those Principles in your everyday Practice
● Appreciate the history of Agile and how the collection of Principles and Practices came together to enable customer success
● Know how to examine Agile methods, including: Scrum, Extreme Programming, AgileUP, Feature Driven Development, Lean Development and DSDM
● Understand how to draw Best Practices from the various methodologies that will contribute to your team success
● Talk the talk: Learning the Agile terminology, roles and forums with their context
● Walk through the Processes that support Agile Principles to enable the delivery of great products
● Begin to map the transition of your existing team or enterprise-level Processes, artifacts and forums to Agile
● Discover the power of Agile teams through communication, collaboration and cadence
● Uncover the pitfalls that teams will encounter in an Agile transition and understand how to overcome those challenges
● Lay the foundation upon which you can build a Learning team and organization
● Agile – A Clear Definition
● A Brief History of Software Development
● Agile Methods
● Agile Practices
● Agile Basics
● Putting Agile into Action – Becoming Agile
Who can Attend?
This Agile software development training Course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of Agile Methods for software development, including:
● Project Managers
● Program Managers
● IT Manager/Directors
● Software Engineers
● Software Architects
● Product Managers