Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Otway Explorer - Saturday 13th February 2021
Experience the luxuries of the Edwardian Era in our heritage wooden carriages of up to 110 years old, with pressed tin ceilings, cosy compartments and gorgeous timber & chrome finishings. Featuring 'old-school' air-con, with the windows wide open to beat the summer heat!
Go first class! Relax in your comfortable air conditioned & heated 1940s-vintage compartment with morning tea, a complimentary beverage and a light supper on the journey back to Melbourne.
WINE AND BEER EXPERIENCE
* Talk to the brewer and sample some of the 18 varieties of hand crafted beers and ciders over lunch at the Otway Estate Bar and Café. Sample a selection of finger food, followed by handmade pizzas, freshly cooked in the woodfired oven alongside a Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beer.
* Take in the views of the volcanic crater Lake Purrumbete at Camperdown's Lake Edge Cafe, enjoying afternoon tea seated at the edge of the crystal clear waters.
* Rejoin the train at historic Camperdown, famous for it's heritage buildings, Elm lined streets and iconic clocktower.
* This option cannot be chosen in conjunction with the Otway Tree Top Walk due to both tours operating concurrently.
OTWAY TREE TOP WALK
* Travel through the Otway Ranges, catching glimpses of the former Beech Forest narrow gauge railway, to the Otway Fly.
* Walk amongst the tree tops, 30 metres above the ground, at the Otway Tree Top Walk.
* Explore the rain forest on the interactive trail – perfect for budding young rangers!
* This option cannot be chosen in conjuction with the Wine and Beer Experience due to both tours operating concurrently.
* Visit the volcanic plains town of Colac, once the busy junction with the Narrow Gauge railway into the Otway Ranges. See the historic buildings or visit the busy main street. Take a stroll to the iconic Lake Colac and have a picnic in the historic Botanic Gardens.
* Explore historic Camperdown and visit its famous clock tower, court house, museum, or relax over lunch at one of its many fine hotels or cafes. For nature lovers, the avenue of beautiful elm trees or the nearby nature reserves are always worth a look - marvel at the scenery and geological history of the area.
Our on-train facilities include a kiosk which stocks a wide range of light refreshments, snacks and hot & cold drinks. A licenced bar will also be operating, serving a range of beers, wines and spirits. Under our COVIDSafe Plan, you will be able to order and pay direct from your seat using your smart phone. Our volunteers will then bring your order to your seat. Please speak to your Train Officer if you need assistance with ordering from our Kiosk. A range of souvenirs will also be able for purchase on board.
Under current COVIDSafe practices, Face Masks will be required for all passengers travelling on our trains unless a lawful reason not to wear one applies. Face Masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing of 1.5 metres from others cannot be maintained, such as on platforms and when joining / leaving our train. Advice will be provided closer to the date of travel based on any updated government information. Movement about the train will be restricted to your allocated seat and our on-train services such as our toilet facilities and Souvenir sales. Kiosk sales will be available for delivery by our volunteers to your seat using our new order from your seat service using your smart phone.
Our volunteers will ensure high touch areas such as door handles and handrails are cleaned regularly. Our train will undergo a Deep Clean whilst the train is at the destination.
All passengers travelling will be required to have a purchased ticket in advance with contact details of all persons travelling to be retained for Contact Tracing purposes in line with current government advice.
Any passengers who experience any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to or on the day of travel, are not permitted to travel with us. If government advice changes and our train is unable to operate, or you are unable to attend due to illness, a full refund will be offered to all booked passengers.
- TIMETABLE -
SUBJECT TO CHANGE >> PLEASE CHECK THE FINAL TIMES AS SHOWN ON YOUR SEATING ALLOCATION WHICH WILL BE EMAILED 2 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TOUR OPERATING.
8:25am dep. SOUTHERN CROSS
9:01am dep. WERRIBEE
9:36am dep. GEELONG
11:03am arr. COLAC
11:51am arr. CAMPERDOWN
4:10pm dep. CAMPERDOWN
4:55pm dep. COLAC
5:17pm dep. BIRREGURRA
6:30pm arr. GEELONG
7:10pm arr. WERRIBEE
7:45pm arr. SOUTHERN CROSS
PLEASE ENSURE YOU BOOK TOUR OPTIONS BEFORE FINALISING PURCHASES - Select "BUY MORE TICKETS" when finalising your Rail Fares; this will take you back to the main page so you can then add Tour Options to your purchase.
Otway Explorer - Southern Cross railway station
Cnr Spencer & Collins Streets, Melbourne, Victoria 3000