Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Management Of Risk (M_o_R) Practitioner 2 Days Training in Melbourne
Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
About this Event
The M_o_R Practitioner Course has been designed to provide learners with the opportunity to practice the practical application of the M_o_R method and covers the twelve M_o_R principles; Approach, Process, and the basic techniques essential to managing risks using the M_o_R guidance. The purpose of the M_o_R Practitioner qualification is to confirm that the learner has achieved a sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor M_o_R in a scenario situation.
● Introduction to the course
● What is the risk?
● What is risk management?
● Why is risk management so important?
● Basic risk definitions
● The development of knowledge about risk management
● Corporate governance & internal control
● Where and when should risk management be applied?
● The purpose of M_o_R principles
● Aligns with objectives
● Fits the context
● Engages stakeholders
● Provides clear guidance
● Informs decision-making
● Facilitates continual improvement
● Creates a supportive culture
● Achieves measurable value
● Risk management maturity models
● Relationship between the documents
● Risk management policy
● Risk management process guide
● Risk management strategy
● Risk register
● Issue register
● Risk response plan
● Risk improvement plan
● Risk communications plan
● Common process barriers
● Identify – contexts
● Identify – the risks
● Assess – estimate
● Assess – evaluate
● Communication throughout the process
● Strategic perspective
● Program perspective
● Project perspective
● Operational perspective
● Business continuity management
● Incident and crisis management
● Health and Safety management
● Financial risk management
● Environmental risk management
● Reputational risk management
● Contract risk management
M_o_R Practitioner Exam:
● (3 hours + time for administrative procedures)
● M_o_R framework (principles, an approach based on risk documentation, process steps, and embedding and reviewing)
● M_o_R principles
● Outline of M_o_R approach documents (including policy, process guide and risk communications plan)
● Risk identification, assessment, and control
● Embedding and reviewing M_o_R
● M_o_R organizational perspectives (strategic, program, project, operational)
● M_o_R roles and responsibilities
● M_o_R health check
● M_o_R maturity model
● Risk specialisms (including business continuity management)
● M_o_R principles:
● M_o_R approach:
● M_o_R process
● M_o_R perspectives
● Risk specialisms
● M_o_R Practitioner Exam
Who can Attend?
The M_o_R Practitioner Course will be of benefit to all levels of management including:
● Corporate Managers – responsible for corporate governance and the organization’s overall exposure to risk.
● Program Managers – responsible for risk relating to specific programs.
● Project Managers – responsible for managing risk in projects.
● Operational Managers – responsible for risks that affect the on-going continuity of business services.
● All other personnel who have an interest or responsibility for the Management of Risk within their organization.