Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Fluid Art Experience - Amazing 'Ring Pour' (Paint and Sip)
Learn to create stunning, beautiful, unique art through the amazing fluid art technique, where the paint is poured and no brushes are used.
About this Event
Fluid Art Experiences are about having fun and being creative.
You will be introduced to the wonder of fluid art where you can literally 'go with the flow' and let your imagination soar and create beautiful vivid pieces of artwork with astonishing designs of swirling gradients.
And one of the best parts is .. you need NO painting experience. This class is suitable for the novice as well as hobbyists and artists looking to develop skills in specific new techniques. Everyone is welcome and included. Bring your friends or come along and make new ones.
Each week participants will be taught a new technique. Tonight's fluid art technique is called a RING POUR where we layer the paint in a cup and pour it onto the canvas in a circular motion, creating galaxy's of colour and great effects. You can try a straight ring pour, and if you like, a special 'split cup' ring pour for even more dramatic effects.
After some demonstrations and explanation, you will practice on a small canvas and then create a painting on a larger one such as a 40.6 x 50.8 cm gallery wrapped canvas which you can collect after 4 days drying time (or arrange to have sent to you). All instruction, support and materials are supplied.
You will learn:
- How to prepare your canvas
- How to mix paints and paint mediums suitable for this technique
- Pouring mediums and recipes that are good for this technique and what difference this makes.
- How to choose colours and layer your paints in the cup.
- How to create a split cup.
- How to pour a ring pour painting and how to create effects by modifying your pouring technique.
All supplies provided including canvases, paint, pouring medium, cups, gloves, and tools. We provide plenty of space, with a maximum of 10 participants.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) provided. This is a 'Paint and Sip' event, so you are welcome to BYO wine, beer or cider (no spirits) and some nibbles. We provide glasses and plates.
We use acrylic paint that is non toxic. Remember to wear old clothes as it can be a messy business, and whilst the paint and mediums will wash out if you get to it quickly, that is not always easy to do.
* NOTICE RE SOCIAL ISOLATION - The space is assessed as suitable to hold up to 12 people, but class maximums will be 8 students. All participants will have their own desk. To ensure the safety of all, students will be required to use hand sanitizer on entry to the space and will have their own basic equipment, or disinfectant wipes provided.
Do not attend the class if you are experiencing fever, chills or sweat, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose of have a loss of taste or smell. (A credit to attend another class, or a refund, will be provided if you are unwell).