Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Communication Strategies 1 Day Training in Melbourne
Our classroom training provides you the opportunity to interact with instructors and benefit from face-to-face instruction.
About this Event
For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it”s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something.
The Communication Strategies workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These strategies will provide a great benefit for any organization and its employees. They will trickle down throughout the organization and positively impact everyone involved.
Module One: The Big Picture
● What is Communication?
● How Do We Communicate?
● Other Factors in Communication
Module Two: Understanding Communication Barriers
● An Overview of Common Barriers
● Language Barriers
● Cultural Barriers
● Differences in Time and Place
Module Three: Paraverbal Communication Skills
● The Power of Pitch
● The Truth about Tone
● The Strength of Speed
Module Four: Non-Verbal Communication
● Understanding the Mehrabian Study
● All About Body Language
● Interpreting Gestures
Module Five: Speaking Like a STAR
● S = Situation
● T = Task
● A = Action
● R = Result
Module Six: Listening Skills
● Seven Ways to Listen Better Today
● Understanding Active Listening
● Sending Good Signals to Others
Module Seven: Asking Good Questions
● Open Questions
● Closed Questions
● Probing Questions
Module Eight: Appreciative Inquiry
● The Purpose of AI
● The Four Stages
● Examples and Case Studies
Module Nine: Mastering the Art of Conversation
● Level One: Discussing General Topics
● Level Two: Sharing Ideas and Perspectives
● Level Three: Sharing Personal Experiences
● Our Top Networking Tips
Module Ten: Advanced Communication Skills
● Understanding Precipitating Factors
● Establishing Common Ground
● Using “I” Messages
Module Eleven: Wrapping Up
● Words from the Wise
This workshop will help teach participants how to:
● Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back
● Develop skills in asking questions
● Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others
● Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically
● Enhance their ability to handle difficult situations
● Deal with situations assertively
Once after the training you receive course completion certificate from Mangates
Who can Attend?
Anybody who is interested in learning Communication Strategy Skills.