Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Fluid Art Experience - Painting coasters
Learn to create stunning, beautiful, unique art through the amazing fluid art technique. Paint ceramic coasters as fabulous unique gifts.
About this Event
Fluid Art Experiences are about having fun and being creative.
You will be introduced to the wonder of fluid art where you can literally 'go with the flow' and let your imagination soar and create beautiful vivid pieces of artwork with astonishing designs of swirling gradients.
And one of the best parts is .. you need NO painting experience. This class is suitable for the novice as well as hobbyists and artists looking to develop skills in specific new techniques. Everyone is welcome and included. Bring your friends or come along and make new ones.
Today's class is a special 3 hour one, where you will paint 12 coasters (2 sets of 6 ceramic coasters, each have their own black metal stand and box). Fabulous as unique creative gifts, or keep for yourself, matching your own decor colours.
After some paint play and practice on a card, you will paint your 12 coasters, choosing from 3 different styles (Dip, swipe and ring pour techniques), which will all be demonstrated. You can collect your coasters after 4 days drying time (or arrange to have them sent to you). All instruction, support and materials are supplied.
NOTE: the coasters will need a coat of special varnish or resin to be fully waterproof. Instructions will be given or you can book into a varnishing / resin class to complete.
You will learn:
- How to prepare your coasters
- How to mix paints and paint mediums suitable for these techniques
- Which recipes are good for these techniques and what difference this makes.
- How to choose colours and lay your paints on the coasters.
- How to do a 'dip', 'ring pour' and 'swipe' technique on a small surface.
All supplies provided including coasters, paint, pouring medium, cups, gloves, and tools. We provide plenty of space, with a maximum of 8 participants.
The price of this class includes a set of 12 live4art blank ceramic coasters (including 2 stands and cork backing) - Value $40.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) provided.
We use acrylic paint that is non toxic. Remember to wear old clothes as it can be a messy business, and whilst the paint and mediums will wash out if you get to it quickly, that is not always easy to do.
* NOTICE RE SOCIAL ISOLATION - The space is assessed as suitable to hold up to 15 people, but class maximums will be 8 students. All participants will have their own desk. To ensure the safety of all, students will be required to use hand sanitizer on entry to the space and will have their own basic equipment, or disinfectant wipes provided.
Do not attend the class if you are experiencing fever, chills or sweat, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose of have a loss of taste or smell. (A credit to attend another class, or a refund, will be provided if you are unwell).