Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Fluid Art Experience - Creating CELLS (Paint and Sip)
- Fri 30th Oct 2020, 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- 420 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121
- View Website
Learn to create stunning, beautiful, unique art through the amazing fluid art technique, where the paint is poured and no brushes are used.
About this Event
Fluid Art Experiences are about having fun and being creative.
You will be introduced to the wonder of fluid art where you can literally 'go with the flow' and let your imagination soar and create beautiful vivid pieces of artwork with astonishing designs of swirling gradients.
And one of the best parts is .. you need NO painting experience. This class is suitable for the novice as well as hobbyists and artists looking to develop skills in specific new techniques. Everyone is welcome and included. Bring your friends or come along and make new ones.
Each week participants will be taught a new technique. Tonight's fluid art technique is creating CELLS with silicone oil. Creating cells that stay put is one of the great challenges of the fluid artist. It is something your teacher Julie has mastered over much experimentation and is ready to show you how and share her recipes. Julie has even sourced her own silicone oil. This style involves layering your paints in a cup before pouring. You will do a 'flip cup' and an 'open pour'.
BONUS: participants at this class get a free e-book 'Using silicone oil to create beautiful cells in fluid art - Top 10 tips'.
After some demonstrations and explanation, you will create two smaller paintings (20.3 x 25.4 cm) or one medium such as a 40.6 x 40.6 cm on a gallery wrapped canvas which you can collect after 3 days drying time (or arrange to have sent to you). All instruction, support and materials are supplied.
You will learn:
- How to prepare your canvas
- How to mix paints and paint mediums suitable for this technique
- Pouring mediums and recipes that are good for this technique and what difference this makes.
- How to choose colours and layer your paints in the cup.
- How to clean your dried painting ready for varnishing.
All supplies provided including canvases, paint, pouring medium, cups, gloves, and tools. We provide plenty of space, with a maximum of 8* participants.
Light refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) provided. BYO drinks and nibbles for a fun 'paint and sip' experience.
We use acrylic paint that is non toxic. Remember to wear old clothes as it can be a messy business, and whilst the paint and mediums will wash out if you get to it quickly, that is not always easy to do.
* NOTICE RE SOCIAL ISOLATION - The space is assessed as suitable to hold up to 15 people, but class maximums will be 8 students. All participants will have their own desk. To ensure the safety of all, students will be required to use hand sanitizer on entry to the space and will have their own basic equipment, or disinfectant wipes provided.
Do not attend the class if you are experiencing fever, chills or sweat, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose of have a loss of taste or smell. (A credit to attend another class, or a refund, will be provided if you are unwell).