Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
4-Weeks@Tuesday firstname.lastname@example.orgPM – 8.30PM@6th – 27th October
About this Event
Ever wanted to create your own clothes? Are you interested in sewing your own creations?
Our 4-week introductory course will give you the skills needed to start bringing your own designs to life. Explore the process of converting your designs into patterns and constructing your own masterpiece.
You will practice how to use specialist equipment, pattern terminology and how to draw with accuracy and confidence the correct information that should be on finished patterns.
Upon completion of this course, you will create your very own skirt!
What we cover
Over the four weeks you will learn:
- Tutor-led demonstrations will provide the starting point from which you will practice and develop your skills and aesthetic values
- You will learn the basic rules of creating various garment components
- Develop patterns from a block using basic pattern-making principles
- Select appropriate blocks and develop a variety of pattern styles using technically correct principles of pattern-making
- Explore the role of toiles in the construction process
- Understand the different types of fabric used in construction
- Construct your own skirt!
No prior skills necessary!
The course fee is inclusive of all materials needed.