Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
SAFe® DevOps 2 Days Training in Melbourne
This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps competencies needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will map the current value stream through their delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow.
The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. Attendees will explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
Attendees will leave with the tools they need to execute an implementation plan for improving their delivery pipeline, and the knowledge they need to support the plan. The course also prepares students for the optional SAFe® 4 DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
● Understand the CALMR approach to DevOps, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
● Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
● Apply the concepts of continuous security
● Map their current delivery pipeline
● Measure the flow of value through the delivery pipeline
● Identify gaps and delays in flow
● Improve the process of exploring customer needs
● Improve the process of developing, building, and integrating continuously
● Improve the process of continuously deploying to staging and production environments
● Improve the release process
● Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
● Introducing DevOps
● Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
● Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
● Building quality with Continuous Integration
● Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
● Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
● Taking action
Becoming a Certified SAFe 4 DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
● SAFe 4 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
● One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
● A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee is $100
Who can Attend:
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
Who will benefit?
The following will benefit from this course:
● All members of an Agile Release Train
● Development Managers, Engineering Managers
● Configuration Managers, Release Managers
● Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
● Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
● Product Managers, Product Owners
● System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
● QA Managers, Testers
● Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
● Attendee workbook
● Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
● One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
● Certificate of completion
● SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon passing of exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
●Exam name – SAFe 4 DevOps Practitioner Exam
●Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
●Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
●Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 DevOps Practitioner course
●Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
●Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
●Number of questions – 45
●Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
●Language – English