Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Leadership Skills for Managers - 2 Day Course - Melbourne
Leadership Skills for Managers - 2 Day Course
About this Event
Perfecting the art of engaging, motivating and inspiring staff is what separates general management from leadership.
This course will allow you to understand the four main elements that must be present within your leadership to have an engaged team, all whilst learning how to overcome change and resistance. Many of your core leadership skills will be strengthened, and you will learn how to think strategically as a leader.
MySkillsProfile 360˚ Questionnaire:
The 360˚ feedback assessment questionnaire used in this course will help you: Compare your perception of your strengths with what others think, Increase awareness of how your leadership style and skills impact your performance & identify areas you can work on to improve your performance and realise your potential.
What you will gain:
- Describe the four key elements of emotional intelligence.
- Examine the impact emotional intelligence has on individuals, teams and organisations.
- Develop and utilise the six essential skills of strategic leadership.
- Compose a dynamic vision statement for your team.
- Create a communication plan to maximise the impact of your vision statement.
- Manage and lead your team through change.
- Identify the intrinsic and extrinsic motivational factors that drive engagement for individual team members.
- Use goal setting techniques to enhance team engagement.
- Compare your own perspective of your leadership skills with the perspectives of others.
What the course includes:
- Includes 360˚ feedback assessment questionnaire and in‑class debrief
- Embedded Learning Guide
- Personal Development Plan
- Student Series Emails
- Lunch and refreshments
- Hard copy workbook
- Capped class sizes
Who should attend:
Managers who already have some experience managing people and are wanting to further develop their core leadership competencies, with a focus on motivating and engaging others to work towards team and organisational goals.
It is recommended you are familiar with the topics covered in the Supervision and Management of People course prior to attending.
* Please note this training is run over 2 days ( 9am - 4pm each day)