Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Effective People and Communication Skills - 1 Day Course - Melbourne
Effective People and Communication Skills - 1 Day Course
About this Event
Effective communication forms the basis of successful relationships, but it involves more than just speaking or listening well. To communicate effectively, you must adapt in response to particular people and situations, and this requires a willingness to develop your self-awareness and people skills over time. This course will equip you with the skills to communicate with confidence and improve your workplace relationships through an increased understanding of yourself and others.
What you will learn:
- Understand your communication style and how you can adapt it to work more effectively with others
- Identify and remove barriers to effective communication
- Manage your non-verbal signals to enhance your communication
- Practise key techniques that will help you listen more effectively
- Develop smart questioning skills to get the information you want and need
- Understand the impact that positive language can have on others
What you will get on the day:
- Lunch and refreshments
- Capped class size
This course is ideal for:
This course will benefit team members from a variety of backgrounds, industries and skill levels who wish to improve their professionalism and effectiveness at work by attaining a higher level of communication skills.
If you would like to gain a deeper understanding of different communication behavioural styles, we recommend our one day Advanced Interpersonal Skills With DISC® course.