Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
Supervision and People Management - 2 Day Course - Melbourne
Supervision and People Management - 2 Day Course
About this Event
As a supervisor or manager, it can be difficult to perfect the art of achieving outcomes through other people, in a way that engages and motivates as well. Supervision requires balancing different views and adapting your management style to suit the situation.
This course will help you get the balance right and gain the respect of your team members through understanding yours and others preferred styles of communication, understanding performance management and how to give effective feedback, being comfortable and effective with task delegation. You will also create your own development plan with our Personal Development Plan Tracker that will help you implement the new skills and knowledge once you are back in your workplace.
The DISC® Profile provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and to adapt their communication skills and behaviours with others. It is a personal assessment tool used to improve communication, leadership, work productivity and team dynamics.
What you will gain:
- Understand the requirements of your role as a supervisor or manager.
- Apply the core skills of effective communication.
- Identify your preferred communication and management style using the DISC Profile®.
- Adapt your communication and management style to suit individual situations.
- Explain the coaching and counselling process.
- Provide an effective combination of positive and constructive feedback.
- Delegate tasks effectively for the benefit of both individuals and the organisation.
What the course includes:
- Embedded Learning Guide
- Personal Development Plan
- Student Series Emails
- Lunch and refreshments
- Hard copy workbook
- Capped class sizes
Who should attend:
As the first step of our Supervisors and Team Leaders Development Pathway, this course is recommended for supervisors and first level or first time managers who require practical tools and techniques to gain the cooperation and support of staff.
* Please note this training is run over 2 days ( 9am - 4pm each day)