Disclaimer: Due to the current uncertainty regarding coronavirus, many events are being cancelled or postponed. Please contact the event organiser directly via the contact details on the listing if you are unsure.
One-Day Urban Yoga & Wellness Retreat
One-day yoga & wellness retreat in the heart of Melbourne - take time for yourself & create more space & clarity in your body, mind & life!
About this Event
Come and enjoy the restorative and enlivening benefits of a yoga retreat without leaving the city!
Going on retreat is an opportunity to step away from everyday life and take some time-out for yourself. It provides a shift in focus and perspective, and allows you the time and space necessary for deep and meaningful reflection.
And of course, it's an opportunity to deepen your understanding and experience of yoga - a transformational physical, mental and emotional practice!
Whether you're after some self-care, looking to share a nourishing day with a friend or partner or just want work on your yoga practice - this one-day Urban Yoga Retreat will leave you feeling energised and refreshed, helping to reset your body and mind.
The Amora Riverwalk is a 4 star hotel located on Bridge Road in Richmond. The hotel has recently undergone a $5 million refurbishment and offers the convenience of a yoga space and restaurant on site.
The Park room, where our retreat will be held, is a bright and breezy character-filled room, featuring wrap around windows and direct access to O'Connell Reserve and the Yarra River walking/ bike trail.
Bring a journal., book to read, or your bike to make the most of these outdoors spaces on the lunch break!
A full day of yoga may sound like a lot... rest assured that the retreat has been carefully planned to make sure you leave feeling adequately challenged, yet refreshed and energised - plus there are plenty of breaks and free time scheduled throughout the day!
Here’s an example itinerary:
8:00am - arrival, registration & a light breakfast
8:45 - 9:00am - simple morning meditation (10 - 15 minutes)
9:00 - 10:00am - yoga class (stretching and opening the body)
10:30 - 11:45am - yoga class (building the foundations)
12:00pm - group lunch & free time
2:30 - 3:30pm - yoga class (opening the heart - backbends)
4:00 - 5:15pm - yoga (restorative and pranayama)
5:30pm - mocktails in the bar to finish
6:00pm - retreat concludes
- Access to the Amora Riverwalk’s Park room, restaurant, bar, lounge and patio/ balcony areas
- A light breakfast on arrival - choice of yogurt or bircher muesli cup & fresh fruit
- All-day bottomless tea and water (coffee is not recommended but available on request)
- Use of all yoga props required throughout the day - you don't have to bring a thing!
- A small group of no more than 12 people - to ensure personalised attention and support
- Introduction to a simple daily meditation practice you will be able to continue at home
- 4.5 hours of yoga taught by a certified and experienced Iyengar yoga teacher
- Vegetarian lunch , beverages & a delicious dessert! (lunch menu options will be sent out in advance)
- Afternoon group mocktail party in the bar
- A gift bag of wellness goodies to take home and enjoy!
Joining the Retreat
While some previous yoga experience would be helpful, this retreat is suitable for everyone - from absolute beginners to more experienced practitioners. But be quick - a very limited number of spots are available!
Please advise of any physical injuries, concerns or health conditions at time of booking - we’ll work together to tailor your experience and ensure you can still have a great retreat experience…
Have questions or want more information? Email Mia at - firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Tickets must be paid in full at time of booking. A registration form will be emailed to all participants, including breakfast and lunch menu options, and this must be completed and returned ASAP for planning and admin purposes.
2. Participants must provide 3 weeks notice if they are unable to attend. A full refund or credit to attend a future retreat will be applicable if cancelled before 18 May 2020.
3. The Retreat may be cancelled if it is not adequately subscribed or another unforeseen circumstances arises. In this event, the participants will be notified and a full refund will be arranged ASAP.
4. Disclaimer: A safe and caring environment is provided for all participants, however it is the participants responsibility to take adequate care to avoid any injuries. Notification of medical history must be provided before the start of the retreat. It's also advisable to consult your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions. Modifications will be given to participants with special needs.
5. Changes to T&C’s may occur with notice.