DIY Data: Everyday Wellbeing Analytics for Cities [MEL]
Data isn’t the future - it’s here now.
The best places are vibrant and complex, but traditional data sources don’t capture this - and you can’t manage what you can’t measure.
Build your data literacy with this half-day workshop for urban innovators, so you can tackle the big problems and make your job easier.
- Data literacy: asking the right questions, and interpreting the results
- Data options: what new sources are out there, and how to access them
- Real-world activity: tackle a sticky issue that matters to you, with our support
You’ll walk away with:
- A new community of like-minded professionals
- Tools to gain a richer understanding of the local identity of places you plan, build and manage
- Real-time, human-centred data sources to use in the office right away
- Tips for better, faster decision-making
- New ways to measure sticky issues like social inclusion, place attachment, and more
- A full stomach, with a delicious business networking lunch
Learn from experts who understand your job and how better data can help.
Who needs a new way to think about data?
Social data is a valuable insights tool for any industry that needs to understand lifestyle choices and social behaviours. This masterclass will benefit citymakers, local government staff and consultants who support them, including:
- Smart Cities teams
- Placemaking teams
- Urban planners & designers
- Community engagement teams
- Community wellbeing & development teams
- Economic development advisors
- Development & project managers
- Retail analysts & leasing teams
- Marketing & communications managers
Not based in Adelaide?
We'll be bringing our Masterclass to Adelaide. Sydney and Brisbane this coming January - click here for details.