Principal and SEIL Professional learning - school review
This school review professional learning aims to prepare government schools scheduled for a review in 2020
About this Event
The Victorian school review supports each government school to differentiate its improvement journey by building on current strengths and assisting it to respond to challenges. It emphasises continuous improvement and affirms that every student, no matter their background or circumstances, has a right to learn in a school committed to improvement. It maintains that evey school can improve.
The school review professional learning aims to prepare government schools scheduled for a review in 2020 by providing leaders and SEILs with clear advice and guidance about the review process to ensure the school gets the most out of the review, including:
- Key features of the review model
- The role of the shcool review panel
- Completing a strong Pre-review Self-evaluation (PRSE)
- School Review process - community engagement, the Continua, fieldwork
- From data and observations to the right key improvement strategies - developing Key Directions for the next School Strategic Plan
- Minimum standards for school registration
All school leaders of schools in review are to attend this professional learning ideally in the term prior to review. It is expected that the school leader and their SEIL will attend together. If your SEIL is unable to attend, one staff member can attend in their place. Additional staff members from your school should not be booked without prior approval from the Department.
Please bring with you an electronic device such as a tablet or laptop.
Morning tea and lunch vouchers will be provided.
If you prefer to register via WebEx (videoconferencing), please email and/or direct any questions to email@example.com